The Spanish Association of Golf Managers together with Spanish Association of Greenkepers, supported by their partners, collaborators and renowned names in the industry of tourism and golf, want to implement, develop and endorse the Sports Management and Operations Course.
According to the article 10 of the statues of the Spanish Golf Managers Association it stated that, "Training and professional preparation are key objectives of the Association, which shall develop and promote a series of educational programs, on its own or in collaboration with other institutions, to cover, if possible, dall aspects related to the preparation of the director or assistant manager of a golf club, as well as for other positions typical at a golf course. The intention is to promote a job market that is supervised and endorsed by the Managing Board, always providing an ethical code".
Currently, there are no specific courses as the Sports Management and Operations Course in Spain with the format and structure being developed by the Spanish Golf Managers Association.
Form caddie master and operations center managers for golf courses with the knowledge and skills demanded by the laws of market today. Using the techniques, skills and tools that have earned good returns in the past, along with the most modern technology in order to have the necessary knowledge to develop own positions caddy master tasks and operations centers in a golf course . They will maximize each of the business centers of a golf course, meet the necessary aspects of maintenance, marketing, sports ..... needed to develop tending their daily dedication to excellence in the service provided to members, subscribers, players and of course, teammates.
It is essential to respond to the need for corporate training and caddy master operations center managers demanded by current fields and golf clubs. We pursue the comprehensive training of caddie master, by developing specific knowledge, leadership skills and personal initiative to lead them to adopt creative decisions to complex problems and guiding them towards efficiency and profitability of your workgroup.
Efficiency, team management and specialization will be a recurrent topic throughout the course.
The program is aimed at graduates, graduate degrees, or FP2 specialized in the field (tourism, hostelry, catering) with knowledge of the techniques and skills used in the golf courses in the workplace and caddy master operations center managers.
At the same time, the program is also aimed at people who even do not have a degree, diploma or FP2 specialized in this field, work on a golf course or already have the techniques and skills used in the golf courses in the caddie master and operations center managers jobs.
In this way, the program seeks to act and train a diverse group of students. Combining the knowledge and skills of those with a degree or diploma developed in the field of customer service with professional experience who know these aptitudes and skills and want to apply to the world and the golf industry.
The working methodology with which this course develops joins the experience of caddie masters specialists with more than 20 years career behind them, with the techniques and technologies used by directors, caddy master and staff generally of younger golf courses and trained in new technologies.
- The program offers the student a comprehensive training yet close to business reality. It will train both, techniques and skills, through a practical approach and active involvement of the students.
- Modules in which the course is divided propose using both deductive and inductive demonstrative methods depending on the module.
- Each student will have a mentor, chosen by the students themselves during the third month of the course. The tutorials will guide the student throughout the training process and will guide him professionally for his incorporation into the labor market or to promote to positions of higher responsibility.
- All students will develop a final project at the end of the course that will be real and adapted to the labour market, if possible requested by a golf course.
- Students who pass the course will be awarded the title of Caddie Master Technical Course approved by all the associations that support the course (Spanish Golf Managers Association, Spanish Greenkepers Association, Professional Golf Association of Spain, and big companies in the world of maintenance and turfgrass management that have alliance with this course as Toro, John Deere, Acciona, Aqualogy, Syngenta...)
- Students who pass the course will hold a practical training in golf prestige who are looking to expand its workforce over a period of, that will test the same time, to become part of the workforce permanently.
After completing the course, students who have passed and are not doing training, will be incorporated in the job market of the Spanish Greenkepers Association and the Spanish Golf Managers Association in order to become part of the staff of a golf course in the shortest space of time possible.
Sports Management and Operations Course Program
- Sports Management and Operations Course has a duration of 222 hours of theory and 720 hours Optional practices.
- Classes will be taught two or three evenings a week, depending on the week from 18 to 21 hours.
- The course can be made in person or through an online platform in streaming.
- The number of hours during the four months of practical training will be 720 hours. These practices can be made in various geographic areas. We have more than 80% of Spanish golf courses as collaborators for the training period as well as many sports turfgrass facilities.
- The total number of hours for the course is 942 hours.
The course will be divided into six main sections:
Students who take this course have to count on a solid knowledge of what the golf world and golf tourism is concerned, and to know the operation of the different departments of a golf course.
INTRODUCTION TO THE GOLF WORLD AND TOURISM
- They will study the golf changing patterns throughout history, will know as a ideal golf facility is conceptualized from the beginning and associated with the various states and associated entities of the golf world issues and the specific rules of golf.
- What are the profit centers? Description and definition of the different operating processes on a golf course depending on the type and purpose of the golf club. Starting from the knowledge base that students already have about profit centers of a golf course will delve into the most advanced and innovative in every one of the profit centers to tend to maximize the same aspects.
- Types of fees in a golf club and the green fee. Definition according to type either membership fees, maintenance fees or memberships own of a golf course private or mixed. Different types of green fees and conditions. The green fee as the main selling tool and generator business.
- Store location and how to manage orders and stocks. Know your product in order to sell more. Knowing the profile of our customers and achieve staff excellence. Negotiation with suppliers. The importance of Merchandising for a golf course. Branding and brand value as a selling tool.
- The fleet of buggies as a source of profit, financial figures for its acquisition.
- The importance of the fleet of buggies on a golf course. Buggies types and their characteristics. What buggies choose? Selection of the fleet and calculate the needs for a golf course. The different financial figures for the acquisition of a fleet of buggies.
- Location and operation of a driving range. Dimensions and other considerations to take into account.
- Essential elements for the success of a Golf Academy or school. Teachers and teaching.
- Types of rental of a golf course and the services provided. How to create and enhance a source of extra income through rents.
- The restaurant, main element as a profit center on a golf course. Management; own or outsourced. Pricing, opening hours and closure policy on external clients, visitors or members. The importance of the buggy bar for a golf course.
- The importance of the club room and locker rooms and how to properly manage the catering as one of the main profit centers of a golf course. Points to consider. As management and operation of both departments according to the type of golf course. Distribution within the clubhouse and space for it.
DEPARTMENTAL MANAGEMENT: CUSTOMER SERVICES AND HR
- Departmental management of a golf course. Hierarchical organization chart and departmental structure of a golf course.
- Work protocols and dealing with customers. The attitude of the staff and team on a golf course. The structure of the staff of a golf course, wage costs, etc. The importance of nonverbal communication and as uniform staff club. Motivation and leadership for the efficient management of human resources in a golf course.
- The team on a golf course. Structures and equipment templates divided by their respective departments and the system of exploitation of the field. Vision and study of the number of workers depending on the number of holes. Labour costs, wages and salaries as training and technical profile on a golf course.
- Skills for creating updated cv to the demands of today and all the steps necessary for the selection of a new jobs and ongoing, specialized training in the field of our daily work is important to continue enriching day and forming us in the skills and latest technologies.
- Etiquette and pace of games. Dress codes and rules of golf, as federate and steps for the approval of a golf course. Valuation Sheet of a golf course. As handicaps to award hole golf. The Slope, which factors affect and how it is calculated.
- How to coordinate an event or golf tournament, logistics and preparation of a tournament creation requirements, monitoring, development of marketing, sales and execution. Post Event billing and tracking.
- The importance of management programs and control of a golf course. Different types of programs.
- Commissioning of a golf course (Pre Opening). Different control system based on departments. MOP studies by different departments. Organization of work processes and systems. Information and guidelines necessary for efficient control system management.
- Operations and sports managers of golf courses have to be familiar with marketing and trading plans that are still in business. You must have the knowledge needed to interpret a business plan and marketing.
- They should be aware of how it affects them maintaining their course working daily and meet the golf course maintenance plan. All this information helps us to know how to interpret the budgets of our golf course and departments in particular.
MOTIVATION AND LEADERSHIP TEAM
- Students will become familiar with coaching techniques to help them to grow mentally and to develop their personal and professional skills.
- They will know the latest techniques as far as customer service, motivation and team leadership relate in order to strive for excellence with both customers and with the treatment and the relationship with their peers. And of course they have to internalize that their payrolls are paid sales they can do in their respective departments and how to increase those sales.
The evaluation of the program will be continuous and summative.
- Modules:Each module will be evaluated independently through the case studies and works done.
- Each module will be evaluated independently through the case studies and works done.Concerning the final course project, it will help teachers to definitely access, whether knowledge has been correctly transmitted and if the students have achieved the general objective pursued with the course.
The teaching sessions will consist of professionals with extensive experience, which combines education, theoretical knowledge and specific business experience as caddie master that will enrich student learning.
The faculty who teaches this program are one of its basic pillars, as many are directors of maintenance and green spaces of golf courses and sports facilities, with great experience. So the students will have the opportunity to keep contact with them for their future incorporating to the labor market.
The Sports Management and Operations Course will count among others with the following faculty:View Faculty
Sports Management and Operations Course will be approved by all associations, seals and alliances that endorse and support this course and seek the approval of other agency prestige within the golf market and tourism in general.
Sports Management and Operations Course: 3.550€
The course may be financed by the Spanish Fundación Tripartita.